Graduate studies in Chemistry at the University of Torino (Italy)
– 1979 : Ph.D. degree from the University of Torino [Prof. E. Sappa]
Synthesis of organometallic clusters bearing alkyne ligands
– 1980 : Postdoctoral position at the University of Rennes (France) [Prof. G.
Jaouen]. Chemistry of hetero-polymetallic clusters
– 1984 : Ph.D. degree from the University of Paris VI [Prof. F. Mathey]
Studies on the chemistry of terminal phosphinidene complexes.
– 1985 : Postdoctoral position at the University of Wisconsin in Madison (U.S.A.) [Prof.
Low coordinated silicon derivatives: silylenes, disilenes.
- Professional course:
Since 1981, Researcher at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique
(CNRS): Attaché/Chargé de Recherche from 1981 to 1991; Directeur de Recherche, DR2 from
1991 to 2009; DR1 since 2009.
- From 1981 to 1997: Member of the research group directed by Professor F. Mathey
at the Ecole Polytechnique (Palaiseau, France)
Phosphorus organometallic chemistry.
Low coordinated phosphorus derivatives: terminal phosphinidene- and
phosphalkene complexes as reaction intermediates and synthetic tools. Strained
phosphorus heterocycles: studies on the chemistry of phosphirenes and
Synthesis and properties of cyclic chiral phosphines: phosphiranes and
- From 1998 to 2004: Member of the research group directed by Professor J-P. Genêt
at the Ecole Nationale Supérieure de Chimie de Paris (ENSCP)
Chiral phosphetanes and atropisomeric diphosphines. Synthesis and uses as
chiral ligands for enantioselective hydrogenations (Rh, Ru).
- Since 2005: Team leader at the Institut de Chimie des Substances Naturelles (Gif-surYvette)
Synthesis of new chiral phosphorus derivatives: phospha-ferrocenophanes,
planar chiral phosphoric acids and phosphoramidites, phosphahelicenes.
Chiral phosphines as nucleophilic organocatalysts.
Enantioselective gold(I) catalysis.
- From 2015 to 2019: Director of the Institut de Chimie des Substances Naturelles